I take ethics in social media very seriously. Fortunately, others do as well so I didn’t have to reinvent the wheel to create a policy for this blog. I’ve adapted this ethics policy from the Blogger Code of Ethics, by Charlene Li.
- I will tell the truth.
- I will write deliberately and with accuracy.
- I will acknowledge and correct mistakes promptly.
- I will preserve the original post, using notations to show where I have made changes so as to maintain the integrity of my publishing.
- I will never delete a post.
- I will not delete comments unless they are spam, off-topic, contain personal attacks or hate speech. All comments are moderated.
- I will reply to emails and comments when appropriate, and do so promptly.
- I will strive for high quality with every post – including basic spellchecking.
- I will stay on topic.
- I will disagree with other opinions respectfully.
- I will link to online references and original source materials directly.
- I will disclose conflicts of interest.
- I will keep private issues and topics private.
This policy is valid from 14 October 2009
This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact Kelli Matthews (kmatthew at uoregon dot edu).
This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, we will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations.
This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.
The owner(s) of this blog is not compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owners. If we claim or appear to be experts on a certain topic or product or service area, we will only endorse products or services that we believe, based on our expertise, are worthy of such endorsement. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider.
This blog does contain content which might present a conflict of interest. This content will always be identified.
To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org
This is the web site of Kelli Matthews.
We can be reached via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
We use Google Analytics to track statistics for this site. For each visitor to our Web page, our Web server automatically recognizes only the consumer’s domain name, but not the e-mail address (where possible). We collect only the domain name, but not the e-mail address of visitors to our Web page, aggregate information on what pages consumers access or visit. The information we collect is used to improve the content of our Web page, .
With respect to cookies: We do not set any cookies. If you feel that this site is not following its stated information policy, you may contact us at the above email address.