Nedra Weinreich tagged me to give you eight random facts about myself.
1. I have spent two of the last three new year’s eves in Las Vegas on the Strip. I go with my Dad and we skip fancy clubs and just people watch. It’s a blast. (photo of dad and me to left from last year’s trip)
2. I have a somewhat-surprising Brazilian connection in my life. My grad school roommate is from Salvador in northern Brazil. Also, during the 2005-2006 school year, my partner and I hosted Marilia, a senior high school exchange student from just outside Sao Paulo. Beijos!
3. I have two big dogs – a Rottweiler named Otto and a Greyhound named Jake. Otto was abandoned on the steps of my parents’ church as a puppy and my partner Mike and I adopted him. Jake was a racing Greyhound who raced once, came in last, then went up for adoption. Both are 5 years old this fall.
4. I love office supplies. Love them. I can’t go into Office Max or any supply store without leaving with a new pen, maybe a notebook… My favorite right now is the TUL pen.
5. I’m the oldest of seven kids, plus a foster sister. Five girls and three boys ranging in age from 32 to 20. Five of us live in Eugene, Oregon. One lives in Las Vegas, one in San Francisco and one in San Diego. Four are married, and three of us have kids (all boys).
6. I have a little, um… caffeine addiction. I am a sugar free vanilla nonfat latte girl through and through. If you need to bribe me, that’s the only payment required.
7. I went to 17 different schools between kindergarten and 12th grade. My dad worked the construction trade (welder) in the 1980s and rather than go work union jobs for months without his family, we all went along. I’ve lived in Texas, Idaho, California, Washington, Wyoming and Oregon.
8. As a follow on to point 7, once we settled down, I was in 7th grade and my dad spent 20 years as the senior pastor of a local church. So, yes, I’m a PK and yes, everything they say about PKs is true. Wanna see my tattoos?
I tag eight more people: Stu Holdren, Leona Laurie, Shelley Ivey, Karen Russell, Robert French, Paull Young, Kami Huyse, and I can’t think of an 8th. If you want to answer, consider yourself tagged. I need to get more friends (who blog). 🙂