I’m just wrapping up a weekend in Seattle where I was a keynote at the Pacific Northwest President Elect Training Seminar, so I’m a bit late on my weekly best-of. In fact, I can tell that I’ll be running to catch up with myself this week… so here we go!
- Oregon has the third largest twitter usage per capita of anywhere in the U.S. Sweet!
- Ten really (really!) great tips for acing the job interview (and, as someone remarked to me via twitter, for acing conversations!).
- Josh Bernoff shares that half the pitches he receives are irrelevant and shares some tips and a good pitch.
- Rogue Tweet! this was a great example of a mis-tweet and recovery from the Red Cross. What do you think?
- Need to convince yourself – or others – of social media’s reach. This set of 23 facts (and the sources) should help.
- Often getting things through the approval channels, particularly for publications can be painful. These tips are very useful.
- Thinking about freelancing for fun or profit? This post with 8 steps to consider is really useful. Freelancing can be a good “in between” step (between college and real job) to get a little experience. I would add to this – take on short term projects only. You don’t want to let a client down when you do take a full time job.