This is a quick tip, but an important one. See tip 1 on feedreaders, 2 on creating a process and 3 on using twitter, too!
If you’re in communications – get a smart phone. For real. It doesn’t have to be an iPhone. Just get a smart phone.
A quick scan of Twitter or Facebook, a timely update to your Tumblr or blog, even being able to handle an urgent situation are all possible from the palm of your hand. Knowing I can “hear” if someone is talking to me (or a client) saves me a ton of time.
It’s also not all about social media specifically, but for generally being productive and saving myself time.
Applications I use to help:
- Twitter for iPhone
- Tweetdeck for iPhone (yes, I use 2, I monitor a bunch of accounts)
- Facebook with all the Pages for which I’m an admin bookmarked.
- Tumblr for posting photos (this is a personal outlet for me)
- WordPress (although I rarely use it, I have it set up if I need to)
- LinkedIn (again, not often used, but you never know!)
Other productivity apps I use:
- Harvest (my time tracker. If it’s on my phone, I can track my time on the fly.)
- TeuxDeux (my favorite list maker, to do list builder)
- Huddle (my project management/coordination program)
Do you have any apps you use to help manage social media (or your life)? I’d love to hear about them!
photo by K!T